The oil and gas industry is helping to expand Guyana’s business ecosystem. As local and international businesses establish new commercial ties to meet the industry’s demand, the Centre plays a pivotal role in promoting win-win relationships through “smart partnerships.” The Centre’s smart partnership approach helps Guyanese businesses benefit from offshore oil and gas opportunities while maximizing skills transfer and technology development.
Smart Partnership Resources
- Business linkages
- Market intelligence and specialized research
- Advisory services
- Informational webinars
- Oil and gas sector updates
- On-site visits to local businesses
- One-on-one business consultations
- Networking events with personnel from local industry
Advantages of Smart Partnerships
Previous Local Business Development Missions
- In early 2020 the Centre took part in a successful business development mission from Norway to Guyana. As a strong advocate of “smart partnerships,” the Centre utilized its business platform to brief visiting Norwegian companies about the importance of knowledge, skills and technology transfer to local partners.
- The Norwegian companies also came to understand the benefit of engaging with the Centre and how it connects reputable Guyanese companies with new international business opportunities.
- In October 2018 and 2019, the Centre organized business development missions for Newfoundland and Labrador’s Oil and Gas Industry Association (Noia) companies to Guyana.
- The four-day missions held meetings with ExxonMobil and its prime contractors, provided linkages between local Guyanese businesses and Canadian companies, and facilitated meetings with local legal and tax experts.
- Leveraging the Supplier Registration Portal, the Centre connected Canadian companies with strong Guyanese businesses and multiple delegates entered into new partnerships.
- Smart partnership focus areas included technology, construction, fabrication, logistics, medical and health, safety, security and environment opportunities.
Future Smart Partnerships
If you are interested in exploring potential smart partnerships and expanding business opportunities in Guyana, the Centre is ready to assist. Please contact the Centre: