The Centre’s Accelerate-Her is a newly launched women entrepreneurship programme offering an exciting opportunity for Guyanese women to access business acceleration workshops and professional mentoring to grow their businesses.
Targeting local women owners, operators, and managers, it builds the leadership and business skills of women entrepreneurs in Guyana to help them grow companies across a wide variety of industries and sectors. The Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry Guyana (WCCIG) partners with Accelerate-Her to act as lead mentors, guest facilitators, and expert speakers.
Accelerate-Her is designed to enable the growth of small businesses through tailored workshops, access to one-on-one business advisory services, mentoring, pitch development, and fostering a strong and supportive peer-learning environment for women. Predicated on successful mentorship and peer-learning models, Accelerate-Her matches a pool of professional mentors with participants based on their business background and focus.
Accelerate-Her seeks motivated women entrepreneurs who recognise the value of an interactive and collaborative approach to grow their business acumen and entrepreneurial skills.
Women entrepreneurs looking to expand their company, access new markets or increase efficiencies and innovation should consider applying to the programme.
The Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry Guyana (WCCIG) partners with Accelerate-Her to act as lead mentors, guest facilitators, and expert speakers. WCCIG is a nonprofit charitable organisation dedicated to creating a collective voice for women and assisting women to achieve success and economic independence through business ownership and self-employment.
The first cycle of Accelerate-Her runs from September – December 2021
- 35 participants
- Weekend bootcamp (17-19 Sept.)
- Group sessions and take-home activities
- Business model and value proposition development
October 6 – December 3
- 15 select participants (from the bootcamp)
- Nine-week programme
- 8-10 hours per week
- 1:1 mentorship, tailored coaching and workshops
- SWOT analysis of business
- Demo day with business community, potential buyers, and partners
Who is Accelerate-Her looking for
- Embody coachability and commitment
- Either a founder or a member of the management team of an existing small business
- Guyanese citizen living in and based in Guyana
- Is more than a year old, and is looking to grow, access new markets or add innovative best practices
- Is a small business with at least 2 employees
- Is legally registered in Guyana
- Is women-led and with women in key leadership positions
Businesses in diverse industries with a focus on scaling and expanding operations can participate including (but not limited to):
There is no fee associated with applying or participating in Accelerate-Her.
Note: Proficiency with video conferencing platforms (i.e. Zoom, Teams, Webex) and virtual collaboration tools (i.e. Google docs, Dropbox) is recommended.